Happy Monday! Just kidding, I know Happy should never be associated with the word Monday. I’m sorry. Anyway, for today’s post I’m going to be sharing my oreo cupcake recipe that I promised a while ago when I wrote about my Nutella Cupcake Recipe (read here). These were excellent and can I just say my buttercream was on point. Sounds cocky, but damn it was good. I am actually eating this whilst eating a red velvet cupcake hehe! I love cake, okay?! 😉
So the Oreo Cupcakes have exactly the same cake batter as the Nutella cupcakes, so I’m going to just put that in here.
For the cake:
– 40g Butter, room temperature
– 1 egg
– 120ml Milk
– 100g Plain Flour
– 140g Caster Sugar
– 20g Cocoa Powder
– 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
For the frosting:
– 200g Icing Sugar
– 80g Unsalted Butter
– 20ml Milk
– Packet of Oreos
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius and line a 12 hole cupcake tray with cupcake paper cases.
- Cream together the butter and sugar using a whisk and gradually add in all the dry ingredients.
- Slowly pour in the milk, beating well until all ingredients are well mixed.
- Add the egg in and beat well.
- Before you put the batter into the cases, plonk an oreo in each cupcase for a cheeky surprise at the end!
- Spoon the mix into the cupcake cases and fill each one up two thirds of the way.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until sponge bounces back when touched. Leave the cupcakes to cool completely while you get on with the frosting!
- The frosting is simple. All you need to do is whizz together the ingredients using a hand whisk or fork and then simply crush up half of the oreos in a sandwich bag, and add these in too! Mix well and you’re ready for piping.
- Decoratively ice the frosting on and finish with half an oreo on each cupcake for even more yumminess!
And you are done! The perfect recipe for the most delicious oreo cupcakes. I couldn’t recommend trying this recipe enough – I’m not a massive fan on oreos but these are just divine!
Do you prefer Oreo’s or Nutella? Will you be trying this cupcakes out?
Thanks for reading,