Hello lovelies! I hope you’re all well 🙂
For today’s post I’m going to be sharing with you a recipe, which I haven’t done since June/July?! Feels like forever!
Anyway, I was in the kitchen on a lazy Sunday and I decided to try and master my cupcake making skills, and lemme tell you, I didn’t do half bad!! I made a batch of Oreo cupcakes (recipe soon) and a batch of Nutella cupcakes. They were both delicious and I actually just demolished one of each before writing this post, oops… 😉
The cupcake recipe is SO simple and there’s no fancy decorating required, so I’m sure any person of any baking ability could make these! If you’re addicted to nutella or you’re a chocoholic just like me, then get off your bum and get your apron on because you’ll want to be baking these now!
For the cake
– 40g Butter, room temperature
– 1 egg
– 120ml Milk
– 100g Plain Flour
– 140g Caster Sugar
– 20g Cocoa Powder
– 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
For the frosting
– 200g Icing Sugar
– 80g Unsalted Butter
– 20ml Milk
– As much Nutella as you desire!
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius and line a 12 hole cupcake tray with cupcake paper cases.
- Cream together the butter and sugar using a whisk and gradually add in all the dry ingredients.
- Slowly pour in the milk, beating well until all ingredients are well mixed.
- Add the egg in and beat well.
- Spoon the mix into the cupcake cases and fill each one up two thirds of the way. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until sponge bounces back when touched. Leave the cupcakes to cool completely while you get on with the frosting!
- When cupcakes are cold, hollow out a small section in the centre of each one and fill with a BIG dollop of Nutella 🙂
- To make the frosting, beat the icing sugar and butter together. Once combined, add the milk. Make sure it doesn’t go too runny!
- Stir in the Nutella by hand until evenly mixed in. It’s important to keep trying it so it doesn’t get too sweet 😉 Spread the frosting on top of the cupcakes and decorate with hazelnuts (I did about 3 per cupcake).
And that’s it! You should have something that looks like this:
Are you tempted to make these? Do you love Nutella too? Would you like to see an Oreo cupcake recipe too?
Thanks so much for reading,
DON’T FORGET TO ENTER MY GIVEAWAY – https://kavichick2000.wordpress.com/2014/10/15/happy-2nd-blog-birthday-giveaway/