Heyya! Hope you’re all ok, enjoying the sunshine and hot weather!
Today I’m doing a requested post- a DIY Lightening hair spray. A few of you commented on this photo, and wondered what dye I used:
The truth is, my hair is au natural! Never been dyed, even though you can see two different colours in my hair, it’s ll natural. Although, this summer I have really been wanting to create the ombréd look in my hair, and I’m not allowed to unless it is natural, so I decided that I would create my own hair lightening spray.
Here is a photo of my hair where I have been spraying the spray.
You can clearly see the difference in hair colour, the ends of my hair are about two shades lighter.
So, how to make this spray:
1. Start by making yourself some camomile tea. Boil enough water for 3/4 worth of your bottle. Then let your tea bag soak in your cup. Let the tea cool completely.
2. Once your tea is cold, pour the tea into a clean spray bottle, filling only 3/4 of the bottle up.
3. Fill the rest of the bottle up with squeezed lemon juice.
4. Shake hard and long, until everything is fully mixed in!
5. Spray through the ends of your hair. Keep spraying until the bottom quarter of your hair is soaking with the spray.
6. Go into the sun and relax!
Whilst you are having fun in the sun, your hair will be slowly lightening! Perfect!
7. Repeat once the spray has dried or repeat the next day!
And that’s it! You won’t have the full ombré look because obviously it’s all natural and also gradual-I have had to do this about 7 times because I have extremely dark brown hair! And also if you have very dark hair like me, then it won’t be that noticeable at first until you hold it against your usual hair colour, like I did.
I hope you will try this out and let me know how it works! Or if you have any other natural ways to lighten or dye your hair naturally then please please tell me, because I really want (and need) to know! Or, if you know of any natural hair dye brands, that come in light shades, then please make me aware of it! Thank you!
Thanks so much for reading! I’ll talk to you all soon!