For all you coffee lovers, and cupcake cravers, this recipe is for you. As promised, here is my special, yummy coffee cupcakes recipe! They look like this:
You will need:
100g butter, softened
100g Light muscovado sugar
100g Self raising flour
2 Large eggs
2 tsp instant coffee, mixed with 100ml boiling water, then cooled
FOR THE TOPPING
100g butter, at room temperature
100g Icing sugar
2 tsp instant coffee granules
1. Heat the oven to 180C, then line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases.
2. Beat the butter, sugar, flour and eggs with 4tsp of the coffee until creamy.
3. Spoon the mix into the cases, and then bake for 18-20 minutes until golden and well risen.
4. Whilst the cupcakes are cooking, make the delicious icing. Whisk up the butter until smooth, then slowly add the icing sugar in. Mix the coffee in, and then keep stirring until it is free of streaks.
5. Wait until the cupcakes are fully cooled, before spooning the icing onto to each cupcake.
Enjoy! I decorated mine with a chocolate coated coffee bean, I brought these from a farmers market, but you can always make shift and dip coffee beans in melted chocolate!
And that’s it! Simple, yet really yummy! Personally, I don’t really like coffee, but anyone would love these adorable cupcakes!
I hope enjoyed this little recipe!
Please like, follow and comment any post requests!